Want to Look and Feel Your Absolute Best? Then You’ll Benefit From This Self-Care Routine
AB Nutrition Solutions provides medical nutrition therapy, specializing in diabetes, eating disorders, and food sensitivities/inflammation. Contact us today! (269) 369-2347
Self-care is such a buzzword right now — and for good reason!
As part of an overall healthy lifestyle, creating a self-care routine not only reduces stress and anxiety, but also encourages relaxation,
boosts your mood, improves concentration, and promotes better energy levels overall. And whoever said that you have to be stressed out to engage in self-care, anyway? So, as far as we’re concerned, a little wellness is something we could all benefit from. For that reason, AB Nutrition Solutions put together this self-care routine for you to look and feel your absolute best.
Photo courtesy of Pexels
1. Get a self-care box subscription. Self-care boxes are mindfully curated with wellness goodies to relieve stress and enhance your life each month. Some boxes also come with a research-inspired therapeutic activity to rewire your brain for more joy. With everything from art journals to bath care products to gourmet edible products, these self-care boxes bring nothing but smiles and positive vibes.
2. Wake up and go to sleep at the same time. What could you do with a little more energy? When you go to bed and wake up at the same time each day, your system starts to function at the optimal level because the circadian rhythm is reinforced. Headspace suggests trying to stick to the same sleep routine for a week and watch how much more productive and clear-headed you start to feel. And yes, that means stop hitting the snooze button!
3. Write down your goals. This is the ultimate form of self-care. To make sure your goals are attainable, there are several steps you should take. Ensure you write down SMART goals, brainstorm solutions for possible obstacles, get others on board to hold you accountable, and regularly check back on your progress. And most of all, take action.
For example, are you trying to move your way up in the ranks at work? Your concrete plan of action might include furthering your education, seeking out a mentor, and ultimately snagging your dream job. Write these steps down, then check them off one by one. Next, reach out to individuals you’d love to learn from. In doing so, you’re forging a path to your desired final destination: a job you love.
4. Find what makes you feel centered. Sometimes it’s easy to get caught up in this busy world and forget to take the time to do what lights you up inside. Be sure to schedule in time to take part in activities that you’re most passionate about and help you feel grounded. Or, on the other hand, you could also explore a brand new hobby — like trying that new yoga class, starting a side hustle, or learning a new instrument. 5. Write in a gratitude journal. Harvard Medical School mentions experts who have found that practicing gratitude helps you to focus on the positive, improve your health, deal with adversity, and deepen your relationships. The truth is that sometimes the negativity of the world gets us down. Writing in a gratitude journal daily is such an amazing tool to help you realize how many gifts you have in your life and put things into perspective.
6. Light a candle. Scientists have discovered that the olfactory system is directly linked to the area of the brain that regulates emotion and behavior. That’s why candles are so effective in reducing stress, easing symptoms of depression, and even improving sleep. So, when you’re winding down for bed, try reaching for a calming scent, such as lavender or frankincense. We hope this list inspired you to create your self-care routine to look and feel your very best – of course, you should feel free to come up with your own ideas as well! Remember, there are many forms of self-care and everyone’s needs are different. Find what works best for you and then put your own spin on it!
Guest Author: Jackie Waters of hyper-tidy.com